Can Americans Benefit From 1031 Exchanges in Dubai
Among the many reasons to invest in Dubai, which include affordable price per square foot; high projected capital appreciation rates and rental returns; being named consistently as top global destination with a population spurt in a safe and stable economy; and, being a “tax free city”, investors can also benefit from 1031 Exchanges.
As explained by 1031 Specialist Andrew Gustafson, CES®, the incentives associated with the 1031 Exchange for foreign investors means:
- “The IRS allows international real property to be 1031 exchanged for other international real property given the fact pattern of holding the relinquished property satisfies IRS Revenue Procedure 2008-16.”
- “Property in Dubai with a capital gain tax due can be deferred in a 1031 exchange when real property of greater value is acquired and held for at least two years.”
- “In each of those two years, the property must be rented a minimum of fourteen overnights, with no more than fourteen personal overnights in each of the two years.”
Our experts are here to help you understand the legal and transactional details of Dubai’s real estate sector.
Why Dubai is Worth the Investment:
- No property tax
- A stable exchange rate
- Residency Golden Visa benefits
- Economic stability
- Luxury-style living
- Environmental preservation
- Future growth
- Easy installment plans
- Rental yields
- Safe, with a low crime rate
- World-class shopping, hotels, restaurants, museums, entertainment & attractions
Our legal and financial experts are here to answer your questions about making an investment in Dubai’s property market. To contact someone from our network and stay up-to-date on our newest property listings, register your interest here!
+1 (619) 339-7978
ggbenitezinternational.com Bottom of Form
Back to Blog