Dubai Has Been Crowned the World’s 3rd Top City
The Economist has ranked Dubai #3 among the most-prominent 10 global cities in a comprehensive index. Factors included the economy, population growth, social reforms, Covid response, real estate pricing, and more. An exciting achievement, Dubai ranked higher than New York, London, Tokyo, Sydney, Johannesburg, Paris, and San Francisco.
On Dubai’s #3 ranking, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai stated:
- “Dubai secured the third position among 10 prominent global cities, reflecting its performance over the last three years.”
- “This great achievement can be attributed to the visionary leadership of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and the ambitious targets set by the Dubai Economic Agenda (D33), which has supported Dubai in its goal to become one of the world’s leading urban economies.”
According to news reports, some of the factors that helped Dubai achieve this recognition included:
- For population, “Dubai came in third, with a strong population jump of 5.8 per cent in the past three years.”
- In terms of Covid response, cities that “did not go overboard with restrictions, such as Dubai” benefitted.
- For social reforms, “Dubai, meanwhile, implemented social reforms that decriminalized alcohol and allowed the cohabitation of unmarried couples, further enhancing its appeal.”
Dubai’s placement as the 3rd most prominent city in the word will surely propel its thriving real estate sector even further, along with its business and tourism sectors. Being ranked #3 makes Dubai an even more desirable destination for those seeking an investment property, vacation home, or primary residence. If you are interested in learning more about Dubai, please sign up for our newsletters,
Back to Blog